Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Monday, January 6, 2014

Picking Pineapple from the grocery shelf

I imagine most of you already know this, but I didn't and found it fascinating.  Thought maybe there may be one or two of you out there who didn't know this bit of wisdom, thus I will share it with you.   The other day while in the local grocery, who by the way sells organic carrots..... thank you very much,......anyhow, I was standing eyeing the pineapples.  I love fresh pineapple.  A lady next to me was picking one out also and kindly explained to me how to pick a pineapple that is ripe and ready to eat.
(I try hard to always buy local or organic,
 however, I do treat myself to a fresh pineapple once in a while)


Simply grasp an inner leaf and gently pull
if it pulls out easily, the pineapple is ripe!




So I found a good ripe one, peeled and sliced it for supper.  It was ripe, sweet and delicious.
Who knew?
I didn't
DID YOU?

I do however know how to tell if a watermelon is ripe using a straw from a broom, but I can't let you in on that until summer..........


No comments:

Post a Comment