Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ordering Tomato Seeds

CREAM SAUSAGE TOMATO


This is one of our favorite tomatoes.  It is a  roma type tomato, it is cream to yellow colored.  The flesh is very meaty with a small seed cavity.  It's flavor is a little citrusy with undertones of warm sunshine.  When I take these to market and I have Glen with me I have to really keep watch over them or they disapear before they can be sold.
They are very easy to grow if your season is long enough.  We grow ours in a green-house because they mature in 90 days or so.  As you can see by the picture they  are very profilic and last long after being picked.  This is a tomato I plant every year.  


Tomato Blossom





This delicious tomato is a Cheroke Purple Heirloom.  It grows without much effort or fuss and is a moderate producer.  The taste is amazing.




Weighing in at 2 lbs!



We grow approx 50 varieties of tomatoes.  Brandy-wines,  Green Zebras, Cheroke Purple,  Great White, Amana Orange, and Thai Pink are also tomatoes we plant every year.  If you want a real treat plant Chocolate cherry tomatoes or the mini sunburst or snowberries.  My favorite company to order seeds from is Baker Creek Seeds.  Totally Tomatoes is another good source.  Remember you can save seeds year to year if you grow the heirlooms.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jill I really enjoyed reading your blog. I didn't know you and Trudy camped out all summer. I'm begining to realize there is a lot I don't know about my older siblings. Thanks...You made me laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete