Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Saturday, November 10, 2012

What TIME is it?




I dislike the time change.  Now don't get me wrong I do enjoy having it light sooner after I am up for the day, and the long evenings spent around the nice warm fire because it's to dark to work outside.  I enjoy having the time to gather the kids around and read aloud from one of our favorite classical books.  No, what I dis-like about the time change is that for the next three months I will hear........ " Well, it's really not 8 o'clock, it would be 9 o'clock if we were on the other time."   For the past 28 years  I have been trying to tell my dear, sweet, wonderfully aggravating husband that
                                  "The time is what the time is!!!!!!!!"
We were out of town on Sunday, the day the time changed and I asked Glen, " Do you think the boy's will get up in time to go to their church meetings?"  Then I said,  "Well, they probably won't sleep in because it would really be like............."  and I stopped myself short.  I was NOT going to say it,  after hearing it for 28 years, I was NOT going to say it,  Glen just gave me a look and laughed.
 "Not funny," I replied.
On our way back to Roosevelt later that day, we stopped at my daughter Meadow's for a short visit.  During our conversation she said,  "I get to sleep in, in the morning."  "Oh," I asked, "Don't you have to be to work at 6:00 in the morning."   "Yes,"  she replied, "But with the time change it's like getting to sleep in for an extra hour."  WHAT?,    I GIVE UP, now a whole new generation of the family will be running around pretending what time it is.

I guess it's like the old song,  DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS? 

Obviously not in my house hold,  but really, I am probably the worst, I never wear a watch and all I know is when it's light you get outside and do your work and when it's dark, you come in and do your work.  I do know this about time however.  It is a thief,  it stole away my precious little ones, it replaced my strong, healthy, skinny, long wavy haired being....... with an old, sore, can't get up once I get down, bone creaking, limping, greying haired, wrinkled faced, person. 
 It is an opportunist, allowing us to obtain our goals, to travel, to live.  So let's take advantage of every second, no matter what time it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment