Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Friday, October 12, 2012

Radish Report/CSA delivery

 
 
 
This will be the last CSA delivery of the season.  I have mixed feelings about it.   I am grateful for all the wonderful friendships that have been formed over the past 6 months of weekly deliveries.  I  enjoy meeting and talking to faithful customers at the market.   However as I came in this morning from harvesting, my toes are frozen solid, my hands are so cold I keep dropping the squash, I am soaking wet from the wonderful rain, and  I realize my harvest has come to a close. I am ready to pour over the seed catalogs, sitting -- WARM and DRY-- by the fire, sipping hot chocolate, and making plans for next year.

A SEASON OF CHANGE :


As life goes by sometimes change happens and starts a chain reaction.  My husband has been moved to the district office as a director and will no longer work 16 hours a day, dragging in at 11:00 p.m. every night, and he will also have Saturdays off.   It will be wonderful to spend more time together and I am looking forward to it.  This change has resulted in reconfiguring the CSA and how best to accommodate my family and my customers.  So-------

     *  the CSA delivery day has been changed to Wednesday evenings  5:00 til 7:30p.m.
         in the parking lot of  the new kitchen store 188 North Main on Bluff Street in St. George
        

         farm pick-up will be Thursday evenings  7:00 p.m.


     *  I will be offering 3 separate seasons-----Spring, Summer, and Fall --get info at my booth
         tomorrow or follow my blog for more information

     *  my sister Shelly will be offering a limited amount of fruit shares--call her 435-703-3046
          I would suggest calling her now to reserve your spot!!!!


     *  Reserve your CSA share NOW.  We offer a limited amount because our family grows all the
         vegetables ourselves ensuring the integrity of our farm and our produce, which limits the
          amount of shares available.

As our 20th year of providing vegetables for our CSA customers draws to a close, I look forward to the next 20 years-----well, maybe not that many-------  Every one have a great winter and we'll see you in the spring!!!


I will continue with the blog, keeping you informed of what is happening on the farm and of course telling my far fetched stories, odd bits of nonsense (reality in my life), and sharing recipes-------




 THIS WEEKS FULL SHARE DELIVERY

tomatoes
beans--maybe---
broccoli
brussels sprouts
carrots
onions
potatoes
beets
turnips
chard
greens
cabbage
celery
3 spag squash
2 turks turban
buttercup
acorn
green hubbard
home-made soap
honey
sage------just hang to dry for your Thanksgiving meal
pomegranate
melon

No comments:

Post a Comment