Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hats, Hats, and more Hats






hand spun yarn just waiting to be plied and made into something wonderful



 bits and pieces of hand spun yarn
make unique one of a kind WARM hats


the hat in the fore ground is made of wool from my beautiful Jacob Sheep


 wash gently in cold water with mild soap

lay flat to dry



I had to have something to do the past few weeks while whiling away on the couch with nothing more to do than "being sicker than a dog."  I grabbed the big basket of hand spun yarn  and bits and pieces of other yarn, and begun to knit a hat for my teenage son.  Then I made a scarf to match the hat.  I get a little impatient knitting so I found a crochet hook and began to make another hat, and then another, and then yet another until I now have a pile of hats.
                                                  Now what do I do with all these hats?
  I will wrap a bow around them and give them as gifts to the ladies from my church that come every month to my home for a visit and  spiritual message.  I will take one to each of the women I visit each month and one for my beautiful neighbor that goes with me.
But I still have a few left.  Hum, I need to send one, no let's make two, to a couple of my "followers".
Leave me a comment of your family's favorite Holiday Tradition and I'll send along a hat to the traditions I want to incorporate into our family's Holiday Celebrations.  I'd like to get it mailed out before Christmas so leave your comment a.s.a.p.  (available for U.S. delivery only)
This stack of hats remind me of a childhood book that was given to me by my Grandmother called
                                           Caps for Sale.
                                                 Has anyone read that book?

2 comments:

  1. Love the hats. My favorite Christmas tradition is sending out Christmas cards. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just mailed off the hat. Remember to wash in cold water and lay flat to dry. Enjoy it, with your un-seasonably cold weather, it will keep your ears toasty.

      Delete