Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Monday, December 16, 2013

Brushed my ratty, snarly, hair today

Well, it has been several weeks since I have brushed it regularly.  Been sicker than a dog, I debated if that term was appropriate and then heard it used on the evening news..  My knotted, ratty, scraggly hair has been sticking out all over the place, only washed every few days and I really didn't even care.  Who cares how you look when your  "sicker than a dog".  I'll spare you the details, but I finally ventured out today to the library to use the Internet to wish everyone a Blessed Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas.  I ran a high fever (the beginning of being sicker than a dog) on Thanksgiving Day, but I did manage to get a few shots of our beautiful table and some of our kids, (writing with markers on the under side of the table) all the things they have gratitude for and the blessings they have had over the past year.  I'll tell you how this unique family tradition began in another post.  Our family has been truly blessed this past year, and we have so much to be grateful for.




Yes, the turkey is  cooked upside down.  I always cook my turkey in a large stainless steel mixing bowl.  My philosophy is that the juices are controlled by gravity and run down.  Therefore, if the turkey is placed breast side down the juices from the fatty back run down into the white meat.  Never a dry turkey at our house!


expressing our gratitude in written word on the underside of the table


now let's have some pie


or something salty covered in chocolate

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with great food, laughter, family, and
GRATITUDE

No comments:

Post a Comment