Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The garden is sleeping, but not me

Not much is going on around here.  It is winter time and of course the garden is sleeping.  But not me, as I have stated several times before.... I can't sleep, catching about 3 hours a night and I am ready for the adventures of a new day.  My significant other however needs his rest.  He does get up early, a little before 5:00 a.m. every day and goes off to work by 6:30.  Sometimes on the weekend (only during the winter) he sleeps a little longer unless I  drag him out of bed early on a Saturday morning to get a good start on a project...........(thanks hun for helping me with the kitchen island).  Well, the weather has been cold and it is dark until 7:00 a.m., so the other night (about 2 a.m. on a Friday night) I woke him and asked if he was going to get up at his regular 5:00 a.m. time that Saturday morning. (of course I had a long list of things to get accomplished) I went on to explain that if you break your sleep schedule it really throws you out of whack, catching a few extra hours of sleep doesn't make that much difference for the rest of the week, Blah, Blah, Blah, and I continued on to say, " it can even make you grumpy and ornery when you change your sleep cycles."  He chuckled and replied, "I'm not Grumpy, I'm SLEEPY!"  Then he paused for just a moment and added, "but most of the time I'm just Dopey..............and if you would let me sleep in.......... I'd be HAPPY!!!!!"

Well, he generally is not very funny, so of course I had to let him sleep in........ just a bit....... until 7:00...............and we still had enough time during the day to cross several projects off the list!



A few words of wisdom:

"THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM"
first recorded in the year 1670 
by John Ray
in a book 
A Collection of English Proverbs


and this famous quote by Benjamin Franklin

"EARLY TO BED AND EARLY TO RISE
MAKES A MAN HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND WISE."

and as my Grandma used to say;

"WORK FIRST,
GET IT DONE,
PLAY LAST,
YOU'LL HAVE MORE FUN!"

No comments:

Post a Comment