Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Escalante Arts Festival

Hi Ya'll,

Our whole married life, we have never done anything special, or gone anywhere exciting for our anniversary (hubby always worked 6:40 a.m. til 11:00 p.m. and Saturdays, but with his job change, he has evenings off ( home by 6;00 p.m.) and doesn't work on Saturday, so we decided to do something this year,  THIRTY years is definitely something to celebrate.

my rendition of a "just married"  sign


Met the kids in Cedar City for breakfast at the park .  My daughter found this and gave it to me!
Thanks Dodie, I have hunted for one all my life!  

 Took off camping in the Southern Utah wilderness and visited several National and State parks.  Stayed in little  Rosie at the Petrified Forest State Park.









  I picked a whole bunch of tomatoes before we left thinking it will probably freeze before I get back. Been eating tomato sandwiches until I don't think I want one for another year.  Had so many tomatoes  we shared them with everyone at the campgrounds.   Hubby of thirty years left Sunday to go back to work and I have stayed for the annual Escalante Arts Festival in celebration of Everett Ruess, a young artist and poet who disappeared in the wilderness of the Grand Escalante Staircase area in 1934.  He is a fascinating person, look him up on the net.  Many books are also written about him.    I will spend a week of Plein Air painting, entering several competitions (which is rather ridiculous, I can't compete with these great painters) and just enjoying the company of other artists.
 Sorry I missed market last week and will not be there again this week.  I'll let you know all about my trip when I get back.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment