Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Breaded Zucchini


This makes a quick breakfast or supper.

Simply slice Zucchini into 1/4 inch slices.

Dip into beaten eggs.


Coat both sided with crumb mixture. 
 I use rye flour and seasoned bread crumbs.
  Also I like rye flour and cornmeal. 
 Use equal parts of each.


Fry in butter on a cast iron griddle.


Cook until golden brown.  Add butter to skillet as needed.


This is a breakfast I like to fix for myself when I come in from working in the gardens. I just pick a fresh squash on my way down the lane.   I use 2 beaten eggs to dip the Zucchini in and then pour the remaining eggs into the skillet after cooking the squash.  Scrambled eggs with breaded zucchini and a fresh cucumber is one of my favorite meals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment