Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

GLAMPING

Well, what do you do when you rent out "the little red house"?   You move Rosie,  my little vintage camp trailer, into a secluded spot on the farm  and set up camp.  Only one problem, she is not self contained.   I have always wanted an outdoor bath, and have been collecting items for it for years.  I had  big plans of a quirky building to house the facilities, and an attached sun room to draw in the heat with hoses or pipe in the roof to collect  hot water.  But when necessity calls you put something up quick.  So it was off to the lumber pile and a few hours of work and this is my dream come true........well, maybe not quite what I had in mind, but it will work dandy.


moved  ROSIE into the trees
(see an earlier post-- Rosie gets a face lift--- of her recent remodel)


made a table out of an old slat door


an old dining hutch filled with dishes, utensils and bowls
and an umbrella make a fine kitchen


Rounded up what lumber we could find,
big grow boxes placed next to each other formed the foundation,
and the port-a-potty used 17 years ago when we first lived on the farm.... in a tent,
thick gold draperies from the thrift store
a window
a wooden shelf
and hauled the claw foot tub I have kept for just such an occasion.
WA-LA



Gathered up the old glass decanters I have found over the years.
I'll make some beautifully colored bath salts, bubble bath, and bath oils
to fill them with.

Yes, necessity is sometimes the best reason

this will certainly do





1 comment: