Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Doors


                                                    Door to the arbor at the little red house


I have always been fascinated by doors.  Not the new  fancy doors, but old doors that have a story to tell.  Our old early 1900's solid rock house in Nevada had the most beautiful doors.  When we moved and sold the house, I wanted to take them all out and incorporate them into the little red house, but I didn't because I did not want to compromise it's integrity and it's soul. We often hear that eye's are the window to our soul........to me, a door is the window to a home's soul.


Front Door to the Little Red House

it reflects the way we live




I used a wood burning tool to make the sunflower



A sunflower is a vibrant, happy, joyful, flower





Side door at the LITTLE RED HOUSE
had to paint this for the insurance man
(I painted it bright yellow)
it used to really show it's age
it came from Glen's brother
when they remodeled their old house and wanted a new door
they knew it would have a good home with us.





Door to the Hen House Hotel




Door and screen door to the house at the ranch where my grandpa was born







Inset glass above the door at the  Ranch.  It is hand painted.  I don't know who painted it but I think it is BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment