Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Denim was made for Flowers




take a casual, thrift store, Denim Jacket from plain and ordinary
 to
fancy and fabulous





 work out a design and then transfer it to your project

an iron on transfer tracing pencil can be used,
 but remember the design will be ironed on in reverse
or
lay a piece of transfer paper under the design and over top of your fabric
 go over the design with a ball point pen to transfer the pattern
or just draw the design on free-hand with a pen




use an embroidery hoop and floss
I used all six strands of floss  







Adding button hole stitches along the seams and
 around the edges of pockets looks nice



Remember back in the day when we appliqued our bell-bottomed denim jeans. 
 I think I am old and quirky enough now that I can wear old jeans --boot-cut--
all decked out.
  I'll post pictures when they are finished.

1 comment:

  1. I think I was always "old and quirky" , and I think I like being quirky. Not everyone can do it. We're lucky huh!
    Can't wait to see the pictures! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete