Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A self- portrait


 
 
well-----what can I say without getting myself in trouble-------
 
 
 
Do you remember those plywood cutouts of the grandpa (in his overalls)
 and grandma (with her polka-dot dress and bloomers)
 bent over in the garden
that everyone used to have in their yards?
I have always felt like one of those ridiculous "granny fanny" cutouts
while toiling away in my gardens. 
 That was one reason I was so happy when we bought the farm
 so I could garden out in the middle of nowhere, where no one could see me. 
Now I can hear someone coming down the road (rarely happens) in enough time
 I can stand up and save myself some embarrassment :-)
 
 
 I wanted to paint a self portrait and this is my interpretation of myself.
 
 
 
After completing my self portrait my handsome man's comment was
"You are not that fat" 
"Gee thanks honey, that was certainly the right thing to say"
 
  I sent along a phone picture to all my kids and they all agree
 
IT LOOKS JUST LIKE ME!
 
 
 
 

1 comment: