Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dead Mouse in the Little Red House

 
 
 
I've hunted high and low
 
Looked under the couch and chair
 
dug through all the cupboards
 
but I can't find it anywhere.
 
 
 
 
It's  hidden out of sight
 
it might be in the wall
 
when you walk in the door
 
the smell almost makes you fall
 
 
 
 
I  run out to the close line
 
and grab a wooden pin
 
and clamp it on my nose
 
so the smell can't get in
 
 
 
 
I look kind-a funny
 
a walkin' around the house
 
with a clothspin on my nose
 
but  at least I don't smell
 that
 Blasted Dead Mouse!



disclaimer:  I never have professed to be a good writer and my stab at poetry isn't any better, in fact it's down-right awful.  I have added an "awful poetry" label to my posts.  More awful poetry coming soon!

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment