Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I have a confession to make

I have felt guilty about this all week.  I have been swamped with all the kidding, bogged down and drug around by my tiller, blistering my hands shoveling potato rows, and almost getting a hernia from lifting  125 pound bales of hay.  And to top it all off I got a flat tire that I had to change myself.  Well, I ------here goes-----I bought-----------paper plates.  Not just the wrinkled edged white ones, but heavy duty ones with a cutesy design around the rim.  It seemed that after dragging in long after dark I just didn't have the energy to wash dishes by hand.  I am so  ashamed.  I have always used the finest un-matching china I could purchase from the thrift store.  Beautiful rose patterns trimmed in gold, amber green glass goblets from the seventies and silver flatware left behind by a prior caretaker.  A lace table cloth  adorned the table and a meal fit for a king would be placed upon it.   Now when I do stop long enough to eat I plop a scoop of  yogurt on a paper plate, top it off with a handful of berries, grab an oatmeal raisin cookie (found the dough in the freezer that Jake must have made last summer) and away I go.  Just had to get that off my conscience.  Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment