Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mustangs

origional artwork please do not copy

I live among the wild horses, well, sort-of.   They are in the mountains all around us.   Years ago when I was young the citizens were allowed to go out into the mountains and catch the wild mustangs.  My dad and my husband's father were both mustangers.   Glen's dad, Kent's favorite horse was a mustang he named "ole shorty".  He spent time after he came home from  the war riding the range with the Terry Boys (my grand-pa).  We just visited Kent's  graveside where he has a beautiful headstone with the mustangs running wild.
Apache, my husband favorite roping horse was a beautiful Appaloosa. 





Here we are team roping a "few" years back.  We took the money home on this run.  I got a
 double- hock-er.  That means I caught both hind legs after Glen caught the neck .  After these two horses got old and died we quit roping.  Glen's job didn't allow him the time and we moved quite often and couldn't have horses.  I miss it.

What does this have to do with gardening?  Nothing really except well rotted Horse Biscuits are good for your garden.  Asparagus especially love them.

1 comment: