Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Friday, October 25, 2013

GOOD MOM/BAD MOM?

I have raised a family of five kids growing most everything we eat.  I did not feed them sweets or candy, sometimes a home-made cookie if it was full of oatmeal, whole wheat flour, raisins, nuts, and zucchini, pumpkin or carrots.  I NEVER/EVER fed them cold cereal for breakfast.  It was always a hardy homemade meal, eggs from our hens, biscuits, muffins, with bacon from our own raised and butchered hogs, or hash browns made from our potatoes and other veges from the garden.  Sometimes it was left over home-made cream of broccoli or chicken noodle soup reheated with a thick slice of cheese bread fresh from the oven .  It was always a feat to get them up and fed and on the bus by 6:30 in the morning, but I was adamant that I loved my kids too much to feed them cold cereal.  Well, do ya wana see what I fed my youngest for breakfast before sending him off to school at 6:15 a.m?  I am so ashamed..........you see, I haven't been back to Roosevelt for 6 months so there is nothing in the cupboards and we had all  been down to the farm for the UEA weekend so there wasn't any left-overs in the fridge when we returned.  We didn't get back until 10:30 p.m. from the farm---it's a 7 hour one way drive----so we bought something for supper and a snack along the road.


                                         This is what I fed my little feller this morning........
(left-over from the road trip)




Pizza
Pear
and
Peanut m&m's
 I apologized to him for feeding him junk.  He just munched away happily, didn't say a word, but
this is what he thought about his breakfast.



Well, I guess
 at least it WASN'T

COLD CEREAL



No comments:

Post a Comment