Cricket Song Farm

Cricket Song Farm

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

getting my ducks in a row


Hope everyone had an exciting new year.  Have you made your "New Year's Resolution's"?
 I have spent the past week trying to get all my ducks in a row.  Moving furniture around, rearranging the dining room, getting my studio re-vamped so I can paint full-time, and get something accomplished without having to move something......... to find something...... and then move it yet again.  Good progress is being made, shelves brought up from the basement to place my boxes of vintage material, linen, and lace on so orders for Gypsy Bags and lampshades can more easily be filled.  A couch brought in from the dining area to set in front of the fire, and all my frames and canvases sorted and several oil paintings hung. Three large pieces of furniture painted and my quirky, vintage, brass and crystal chandeliers hung in place of all the lights in the house.  Yes, I started the year out with a  top to bottom ......move everything around........ just to give my teenager and husband something to do....... for the few days they have been home.   Really they have been a wonderful help and willing to get the house in order.  As the furniture was moved from room to room, my son began to make good humored fun of his dad who just happens to grunt as he works.   By the end of the day he had been dubbed...........
  "Sir Grunts-a-Lot". 
 Just wanted to say a great big thank you to my son for all his help and especially to my  

  KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR
"Sir Grunts-a-Lot"

2 comments:

  1. Hello,I found your blog today and have been reading backwards from the 2014 posts. I actually typed a comment to one already, but when I logged in to my google account it deleted it (sigh). Anyway, I just wanted to say that I have very much enjoyed reading your adventures and information! (And I haven't been totally useless today. I did mulch and plant some more sunflowers, greens, and carrots.) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog. It made my day to have someone appreciate my attempts at writing about my beautiful little farm and the mayhem that seems to follow me around. Hope you stop by often!

      Delete